Tuesday, February 5, 2008

BI News

Dear Friends,
Sorry for this delay to write a post... you dont imagine the lot of things I have to share and change with you. This delay is because in the last week I was reading a new book... a book that tells me how I can earn money in the financial markets!! eheheh... the book is very good, and was written by a person that worked in the same bank that I'm currently working as outsource BI developer... I'm working for the big IT company in Portugal... It's Novabase (http://www.novabase.pt/)

The book is really good and explain how the markets work and explain some tips that we must care when we invest some money in equities or other financial instruments. I bought this book because I'm currently working as BI developer in a project in this business. This book is writetten in portuguese, but I will try to know if there is some version with english translation.(http://www.keditora.com/nov.html)
But the main purpose of this post is to tell tou that I will start to write more technical posts related to ETL using Microsoft tools. Not only because I have a ETL class in my master degree but because I have some tips that I think could be helpfull to you, like SSIS package configurations, SSIS audit packages, SSIS named conventions, and more and more... so, keep in touch with my blog!!!
Cheers!
Pedro

4 comments:

Amin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Subhash Subramanyam said...

Hi Pedro,
I was exploring things new in SSIS 2008.. It seems to have all the enhancements for next generation ETL. You might find that a lot more stable than the exisiting version of SSIS 2005.
One more thing, Please check your personal mail. There is something to inform.

Thanks
Subhash Subramanyam

Pedro said...

Dear Subhash,
I need to have an ETL for my master degree and I will use the new version SQL 2008... you convinced me! :-)

You sent me an email? when?!
Cheers!!
:-)

Amin said...

Dear Pedro,
I like to read about what you learn from this book,
Unfortunately we could not read it due to the fact that it is not in english.

Thanks,
Amin

05 February, 2008 07:28

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...